9.03.2009

Usque Rotor , Talaria Plantis

 

Usque This image is the work of Lysippus, whose home was Sicyon.

 

- Who are you?

- I am the moment of seized opportunity that governs all.

- Why do you stand on points?

- I am always whirling about.

 

 

 

- Why do you have winged sandals on your feet?

- The fickle breeze bears me in all directions.

- Tell us, what is the reason for the sharp razor in your right hand?

- This sign indicates that I am keener than any cutting edge.

- Why is there a lock of hair on your brow?

- So that I may be seized as I run towards you.

- But come, tell us now, why ever is the back of your head bald?

- So that if any person once lets me depart on my winged feet, I may not thereafter be caught by having my hair seized.

It was for your sake, stranger, that the craftsman produced me with such art, and, so that I should warn all, it is an open portico that holds me.

Sem comentários: